2 FT 45 or 80 is a soundproofing composite made up of the polymer-based, asphalt-free 5kg/m² or 8kg/m² synthetic acoustic membrane bonded both sides with a 10mm layer of porous acoustic felt
mats, both formed in such a way as to offer excellent acoustic insulation in different building elements: walls, ceilings, roofs, etc.
High acoustic insulation, combined with soft, flexible elements (plasterboard, wood conglomerate).
PACKAGING AND STORAGE
- Easy handling and application. (does not make you itch !)
- Easy overlapping.
- Cold- and heat-resistance.
- Excellent ageing resistance.
The product is supplied in two types of superficial density:
|Type||kg/m²||Thickness (mm)||Packaging||Units per pallet*|
|2 FT 45||4.7||26||6 x 1.05-m rolls||6 rolls (36 m²)|
|2 FT 80||8.2||28||5 x 1.05-m rolls||6 rolls (34.7 m²)|
*This surface corresponds to the true surface applied, given the 5-cm overlap.
|Tensile strength (UNE 104-281/6.6)||> 30 N/cm² (Membrane)|
|Thermal conductivity coefficient||0.037 W/m.°C (felt)|
For further information see examples in systems sheets.
- Soundproofing of horizontal (ceilings) and vertical enclosures, where excellent soundproofing against airborne noise is required.
- Specially recommended between block or partition cavity walls.
- Soundproofing against airborne noise in flat roofs.
- Ideal for fixing inbetween floor joists.
- Can be fixed against a wall with framework pushed against it for improved isolation and noise reduction.
2FT45 is also an ideal material for closing plenum cavities above partition walls to dramatically reduce noise transfer.
Especially suited to lightweight suspended ceilings where the partitions do not go completely up to the structural ceiling soffit.
Using 2 separate layers of 2FT45 with a 50mm airgap between will significantly reduce the crosstalk noise between adjacent rooms.
If the ceiling hangers can take the extra weight then additional mineral wool can be placed behind the tiles for further absorption.
Approx. 4 plastic rossettes per sq.m. (along with our spray adhesive) should be used when fixing the 2FT45 / 2FT80 to walls or ceilings.
You need to either upgrade your Flash Player
You can download the pluggin from Adobe Here.
|All information contained in these details is given in good faith but without warranty.
Custom Audio Designs reserves the right to alter the specifications of any product without notice.
|©Custom Audio Designs 2006-2008|